National Park-to-Park Highway Route

National Park-to-Park Highway Route
Where we are headed

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 37 - Last day in Yosemite

Heat still on this morning, but the night seemed to be a little warmer than the one before.

Back to the park!

Bridal Veil Falls

And another first for me!  I walked Swinging Bridge!

Community Church and still in use!  There were having Vacation Bible School and had plenty of kids there!

There was a big flood here in 1997.  David is standing next to two different makers.


Walked out to the meadow for this shot of Half Dome.

Yosemite Falls reflected in the Merced River.

We tried to stop in the Village to grab a bit, but couldn't find a parking place, so we decided to watch the climbers a bit and head back to the RV for a late lunch.  There weren't as many climbers today, but we sat in the shade with a cool breeze on us and enjoyed two climbers on their way to the summit.

Back to the RV!  But wait...slow down where we saw the bear yesterday.  Now it's sort of blocked off by cones and barriers, but the bear is back and so are the tourists who don't know any better!  Yeah, me included, but I was wary!

There were two guys yelling at the bear so he'd put his head up for a better picture. At this point I realize he might want to have lunch, so I start making my way back to the truck.  Yes, I'm outside the truck and several feet away from it.  I'm trying to figure out who is the person I have to outrun so they are the bear "snack."  The rangers arrive and we leave!

David makes pizza for late lunch and then it's nap time for him and Chrissy.  Since I'm behind on the blog, I'm spending my nap time typing!  LOL

Tomorrow - off to Sequoia!

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi David & Jenny!!! David gave me you blog when you all checked in at Sequoia RV Ranch! Looking forward to see what you have to say about our area!!!!
    Lori @ Sequoia RV Ranch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we hadn't had to leave the area, but had a terrific time. First time we got to camp with my brother and his family. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete