National Park-to-Park Highway Route

National Park-to-Park Highway Route
Where we are headed

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 29 - Oregon - Washington - Oregon and back again!

Today is June 14 - Flag Day!

Cool this morning - high 40's and we're still running the heat!  It's cloud, too, but no rain.  Today's expedition is Washington Park and the Rose Gardens.  The last time we were here, they were just beginning to bloom.  Since the Rose Festival has kicked off here, I'm sure there are plenty of roses to see and smell.


Sir Garmin of GPS directed us safely to the Park.  We parked near the tennis courts (parked there last time!), so we could find our way back to where we parked.  Also had the GPS mark our coordinates just in case!

You can smell the roses before you ever get to them.  They are everywhere and in almost every color!  I could have taken thousands of photos.  Some of them were large as small plates and there were miniature one, also.  I love climbers and they have those, also.

Next few photos were some of my favorites:




Okay, not a rose, but I love Calla Lillies!

Now for my favorite flowers:


David decided he needed the oil changed in the truck, so I asked Sir Garmin of GPS for WalMart.  Thirty minutes later we were in Vancouver, WA at WalMart.  I knew we couldn't be tooo far from the campground.  I was right.  Short trip back.  We passed the campground to go to a gas station down the street from the RV park.  Guess what else was there?  WALMART!  Could have walked there!

Did you know you can't pump  your own gas in Oregon?  There was one guy trying to pump gas at 12 different pumps!  He was going crazy!!!   You also can't pump your own gas in New Jersey.  Today's Trivia!

Tomorrow's plans are Columbia River Gorge and I WILL CROSS THE BRIDGE AT MULTNOMAH FALLS!  We're also having breakfast with SEBC Alum Steve Bils who is in Portland now.  

I owe Jane Hitchcock of Washington a shout-out!  She's another SEBC alum in Washington, but we just couldn't get together this trip!

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment