National Park-to-Park Highway Route

National Park-to-Park Highway Route
Where we are headed

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 23 - Portland and leaving Washington Behind

Slept without the heater on last night, but did turn it on briefly to knock the chill off.  Remember I said I get up early?  WRONG!  I didn't get up until almost 8:00 a.m. this morning!  Sue had gotten up early, but I didn't!

We had a great breakfast together!  Hashbrowns, biscuits, eggs, bacon, cheese, and all kinds of goodies!  STUFFED!

All too soon it was time to go.  Sue and Dayne had to head home and we had to head to Portland.  We pulled after 12:00 p.m. and went south on I-5.  We only had about 60 miles to drive today, so it wasn't bad at all.

I did forget to show you one of the other mountains.  This is Mt. Adams (the snow covered one).


We crossed into Oregon!

And yet another mountain!  This is Mt. Hood!


It's so beautiful here and so different from home!

Nap, lunch, and doing nothing end out this day!  Tomorrow off to see the roses!

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment